Lora Duguay has been creative since childhood, but when her life was affected by Post Polio Syndrome, her hobby became her full time career. Her artistic creativity has been focused on the cultural beauty of indigenous tribes, nature, and iconography. Her art has been exhibited in various museums and galleries throughout the United States. Lora's main focus in the past several years has been the Art of Miniature. She is a member of The Association of Miniature Artists. Lora is also a member of VSA Florida, having participated on their Board of Directors, as well as Artist in Residency Program. It is Lora's desire to not only bring pleasure to the viewers eye, but to evoke emotion, memories and pleasant thoughts.
'The pure pleasure is my relationship with the canvas. The ability to portray and emit my own joy, pain, happiness and sorrow through my art frees me to live a life of peace, serenity and spiritual connectivity, unlike anything I have ever experienced. Art thrills me, heals me and is a gift from the Divine, like none other.'
- 80th Annual International Exhibition of Fine Art in Miniature
- The Art and Wine Gallery
- MOSI, Tampa, Florida
- Lewis House
- Carrollwood Cultural Center
- Scarfone-Hartley Gallery
- Native American Inter-Tribal Group Art Exhibition
- Gallery/Studio of Duane Probus
- Edfish Gallery
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- VSA Arts
- Florida Craftsman
- University of South Florida
- Tampa Museum of Art
- Oldsmar City Hall
- Ruth Eckerd Hall.
- HCC Community College Art Gallery
- The Women's Center
- The Cummer Museum
- Published in Atelier Interactive Acrylic (Chroma, Inc), Catalog for Retailers.
- The Spring/Summer Edition of USF Magazine.
- EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network) Rosary
- 10Connects Hero segment, 10Connects News, July 24, 2009.
- PBS Spectrum documentary.
- PSA VSA Bright House Commercials.
- 'Polk Place' Government Television
- Fox Channel News 13, 'What's Right With Tampa Bay'
Member of the Association of Miniature Artists http://www.miniatureartist.com